The following symptoms of alcohol abuse and alcoholism may indicate a problem. Not everyone will have all the signs, but if there are many present then it would be worthwhile to seek help from a therapist or Alcoholics Anonymous.
If some one you love has these signs seek help from Al-anon or a specialist alcohol family counselor.
- Withdrawing from family and friends.
- Lying about how much they drink.
- Drinking to “get going” in the morning.
- Drinking to calm down.
- Problems at work or school.
- Doing things they regret while drinking.
- Getting in fights while drinking.
- Engaging in risky behavior while drunk.
- Developing physical tolerance.
- Having “blackouts” while drinking.