These Ten Pointers are a summary of the lifesaving directions to recovery from alcoholism given in ‘How It Works’, chapter 5 of Alcoholics Anonymous – the AA Big Book.
- Completely give yourself to this simple Program.
- Practice rigorous honesty.
- Be willing to go to any lengths to recover.
- Be fearless and thorough in your practice of the principles.
- Realize that there is no easier, softer way.
- Let go of your old ideas, absolutely.
- Recognize that half measures will not work.
- Ask a Higher Power’s protection and care with complete abandon.
- Be willing to grow along spiritual lines.
- Accept the following ideas:
- that you cannot manage your own life;
- that probably no human power can restore you to sanity;
- that A Higher Power can and will if sought.
- The effects of spirituality in Alcoholics Anonymous on alcohol dependence (alcoholismcoach.com)