It doesn’t matter how long they’ve been together. Whatever the demographics, when you see a happy couple, you just know it!
How do these couples stay in love, in good times and in bad?
Fortunately, the answer isn’t through luck or chance. As a result of hard work and commitment, they figure out the importance of the following relationship “needs.” Because few couples know about all of the needs, I think of them as the relationship “secrets.”
The 10 Secrets (See link below for full details)
- Develop a realistic view of committed relationships.
- Work on the relationship.
- Spend time together.
- Make room for “separateness.”
- Make the most of your differences.
- Don’t expect your partner to change; but at the same time give him more of what he wants.
- Accept that some problems can’t be solved.
- Honesty is essential.
- Respect your partner, and don’t take him for granted.
Making these secrets an integral part of your relationship won’t be easy. In fact, your efforts may initially seem like planted seeds that never come up. If you maintain your efforts, however, you will likely reap what you sow.
Full story at Psych Central