My sponsor gave me the following 10th and 11th step inventory and told me to write it out every evening before I go to bed.
The Twelve Nightly Spiritually Focusing Questions
1. Was I resentful?
2. Was I selfish?
3. Was I dishonest?
4. Was I afraid?
5. Do I owe an apology? Who did I help today?
6. What have I kept secret?
7. Was I unkind? (cruel, harsh, unfeeling)
8. Was I unloving? (cold, unresponsive, indifferent)
9. What could I have done better? What am I grateful for today?
10. Was I thinking of myself most of the time?
11. Was I thinking of what I could do for others? Who needs my prayers today?
12. Was I thinking what I could pack into the stream of life?
But we are careful not to drift into worry, remorse, or morbid reflection, for that would diminish our usefulness to others. After making our review we ask our Higher Power’s forgiveness and inquire what corrective measure should be taken.
We say a Prayer: “My Higher Power, please forgive me for my failings today. I know that because of my failings I was not able to be as effective as I could have been for you. Please forgive me and help me to live thy will better tomorrow.
Higher Power, I ask that you now show me how to correct the errors I have just outlined. Guide me and direct me. Please remove my arrogance and my fear. Show me how to make my relationships right, and grant me the humility and strength to do thy will. Amen.”