The 12-Step program focuses on more than just stopping controlism, drugging or drinking. The program also builds basic human spiritual values and practices. These in turn give a natural emotional high to any life situation.
No matter what the initial problem; adult child of alcoholism, codependency, emotions, gambling, alcoholism or addiction; after working the program most experience these effects.
- An increased tendency to let things happen rather than make them happen.
- Frequent attacks of smiling.
- Feelings of being connected with others and nature.
- Frequent overwhelming episodes of appreciation.
- A tendency to think and act spontaneously rather than from fears based on past experience.
- An unmistakable ability to enjoy each moment.
- A loss of ability to worry.
- A loss of interest in conflict.
- A loss of interest in interpreting the actions of others.
- A loss of interest in judging others.
- A loss of interest in judging self.
- Gaining the ability to love without expecting anything in return.
( Source Unknown )