As opposed to the 12-Steps to recovery here is the suggested program to insanity.
- I decided I could handle my emotional problems if other people would just quit trying to run my life.
- I firmly believed that there is no greater power than myself, and anyone who said so was insane.
- I made a decision to remove my will and my life from God who didn’t understand me anyhow.
- I made a searching and thorough moral inventory of everyone I knew so they couldn’t fool me and take advantage of my good nature.
- I sought these people out and tried to get them to admit to me, by God, the exact nature of their wrongs.
- I became willing to help these people get rid of these defects of character.
- I was humble enough to ask these people to remove their shortcomings.
- I kept a list of all the people who had harmed me and waited patiently for a chance to get even with them.
- I got even with these people whenever possible except when to do so would get me in trouble, too.
- I continued to take everyone’s inventory and when they were wrong, which was most of the time, I promptly made them admit it.
- I sought through the concentration of my will power to get God, who didn’t understand me anyhow, to see that my ideas were best and that I had the power to carry them out.
- Having maintained my emotional problems for twenty-five years with these steps, I can thoroughly recommend them to others who don’t want to lose their hard-earned status and wish to be left alone to practice neurosis in everything they do for the rest of the days of their lives.
But wait, there is more! – Learn to laugh at ones former self.