The first book to tackle one of the leading concerns of women with manic depression and related disorders
You have bipolar disorder and want to start a family. There is so much to know and manage when thinking about becoming pregnant and having an optimal pregnancy and postpartum period.
- What are the risks?
- Can I go off my meds?
- How will my partner react?
- Will my child also become bipolar?
- How do I navigate through the often confusing and ever-changing research on mental disorders and pregnancy?
Kristin K. Finn was diagnosed with manic depression as a teenager. Upon deciding to become pregnant, she and her husband also had questions, concerns, and fears. Recognizing that there was no go-to guide that helps women with manic depression navigate pre-natal, pregnancy, and postpartum issues, Finn collaborated with geneticists, obstetricians, psychologists, and psychiatrists to bring you this ultimate support-group-in-a-book and pregnancy resource.
In Bipolar and Pregnant, Kristin shares her insights and techniques that she developed through two pregnancies, as well as the advice of her esteemed team of experts.
In addition, Bipolar and Pregnant:
- Provides information on medical aspects of pregnancy and gives advice on minimizing the risks of psychiatric flare-ups, avoiding episodes, monitoring behavior, and preparing to go off mediation as pregnancy looms.
- Discusses medical aspects of pregnancy, preparing for pregnancy, and optimizing the chances of getting pregnant
- Provides the latest research on medications used to treat bipolar disorder and their effect on developing babies.
You and your entire support team will be armed with the knowledge necessary to help you optimize your pregnancy, subside anxiety, and feel confident that you are doing the very best for you and your new family.
Buy today >> Bipolar and Pregnant