Has Someone’s Problem Drinking Affected You?
Al-Anon has many pamphlets with useful information. Following are a few questions from a pamphlet aimed at those who grew up with a problem drinker:
• Do you constantly seek approval and affirmation?
• Do you fear criticism?
• Do you have a need for perfection?
• Do you care for others easily, yet find it difficult to care for yourself?
• Do you isolate yourself from other people?
• Do you have trouble with intimate relationships?
• Do you attract and/or seek people who tend to be compulsive and/or abusive?
• Do you cling to relationships because you are afraid of being alone?
• Do you often mistrust your own feelings and the feelings expressed by others?
• Do you think parental drinking may have affected you?
A few “yes” answers may mean that Al-Anon can help.