People in recovery from alcoholism, addiction, co-dependency and compulsive gambling often find themselves alone again.
But, there is no need to be lonesome whether heterosexual, gay, lesbian – male or female.
This article from PsychCentral tells the story of an elderly women who found love again and gives some pointers.
Want to find love again? There’s no reason to think that you can’t find someone to love. A few simple pointers may help.
- Start with giving yourself a pep talk.
- Don’t try to replace someone you’ve lost.
- Let friends and acquaintances know that you are open to meeting someone special.
- Be honest about what you’re looking for.
- Consider online dating services as a way to enlarge your pool of eligible singles.
- Be reasonably cautious
- Trust your instincts.
- Know what you want.
- When you find yourself wanting to spend more time with someone who seems promising, please remember that you both already have pretty full lives.
- Don’t expect your adult kids to love your new love – at least not at first.
When you do find special someone you know you can love and who loves you back, go for it! Neither of you is getting any younger!
Full story at Psychcentral