Most alcoholics, addicts, gamblers and co-dependents know the frustration of repetitive failure to reach their recovery goals.
Consider one man who lived through various setbacks in life over 30 years:
- Failed in business in 1831
- Defeated for the legislature in 1832
- Again failed in business in 1834
- Sweetheart died in 1835
- Had a nervous breakdown in 1836
- Defeated in election in 1838
- Defeated for Congress in 1843
- Defeated for Congress in 1846
- Defeated for Congress in 1848
- Defeated for Senate in 1855
- Defeated for Vice President in 1856
- Defeated for Senate in 1858
- Elected President in 1860.
The man was Abraham Lincoln.
His key attitude was repetitive attempts to succeed.