For the next thirty days let go of your self anger, self blaming, self hatred, self disgust, and self-pity by spending time in front of a mirror using this script.
Self Forgiveness Mirror Script
This script can be equally used by alcoholics, addicts, ACOA’s and co-dependents. There does not seem to be any conflict with the process of the 12 Steps especially steps 6, 7 and 10.
- I forgive you for … (the past event).
- You are a human being subject to making mistakes and errors.
- You do not need to be perfect in order for me to love you.
- This … (past event) is just an example of the challenges which you have been given on earth by your Higher Power.
- You will meet the challenge and grow by handing the pain and hurt from this problem … (past event) over to your Higher Power to take it off your shoulders.
- You don’t need to be so burdened by the pain and hurt you feel because of this … (past event).
- You are a good person. I love you.
- You deserve my understanding, compassion, and forgiveness.
- You deserve to come out from behind the wall you have built around yourself as a result of this … (past event).
- Hand the wall over to your Higher Power so you can become more visible to me and others.
- I love seeing you, talking to you, and listening to you.
- You have within you all you need to grow in self-esteem, self-confidence, self-respect, and self deservedness.
- There is nothing you have ever done that can’t be forgiven by me.
- You did the best you could knowing what you did at the time.
- You have compulsive and impulsive habitual ways of acting which you are working to change.
- You may have slip ups again but as long as you get back on the wagon of recovery and keep on trying that’s good enough for me.
- You no longer need to condemn yourself for this … (past event).
- You are forgiven. I love you and I am so happy to have you in my life.
- You and I are best friends and together we will gain strength by giving all our past hurt, pain, guilt, self anger, and self hatred over to our Higher Power.
- I feel lighter as we talk because I feel the burden of the hurt, pain, and guilt over this … (past event) lifting from my shoulders.
- I see you holding your head up and standing taller as I forgive you for this … (past event).
- I know that your Higher Power has forgiven you and I feel the peace and serenity of letting go of the need to hold on to it … (past event) anymore.
- I forgive you because you deserve to be forgiven. No one needs to hold onto such a burden for so long.
- You deserve a better life than you have been giving yourself.
- Let go of this … (past event) and know that you are forgiven.
- You are a loveable, capable, special person and I promise to continue to work on letting go of hurt and pain from the past which has been preventing your inner healing and self growth.
It works, it really works.