Millati Islami is a fellowship of men and women, joined together on the “Path of Peace:. We share our experiences, strengths, and hopes while recovering from our active addiction to mind and mood altering
We look to Allah (G-D) to guide us on Millati Islami (the Path of Peace). While recovering, we strive to become rightly guided Muslims, submitted our will and services to Allah.
Islam tells us clearly that the status of man in this world is that of an “Abd” (servant or ‘slave’). We know that we must learn to be slaves and servants only to Allah and not slaves to mind and mood altering
chemicals. We must also learn not to be slaves to people, places, things, and emotions.
Allah tells us that man is “Khalifa” (agent or inheritor of the earth). This means that Allah has entrusted us as human beings with custodianship of His creation. Our own bodies, minds and souls truly belong to Allah.
They are only entrusted to us for a time. We are changed with their care while we have them in our
The Twelve Steps to Recovery
1. We admitted that we were neglectful of our higher selves and that our lives had become unmanageable.
2. We came to believe that Allah could and would restore our sanity.
3. We made a decision to submit our will to the will of Allah [Islam].
4. We made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves.
5. We admitted to Allah and to ourselves the exact nature of our wrongs.
6. Asking Allah for right guidance, we become willing and open for change, ready to have Allah remove our defects of character.
7. We humbly ask Allah to remove our short comings.
8. We mad a list of persons we have harmed and became willing to make amends to them all.
9. We made direct amends to such people wherever possible, except when to do so would injure them or others.
10. We continued to take personal inventory and when we were wrong, promptly admitted it.
11. We sought through Salaat and Iqraa to improve our understanding of Taqwa and Ihsan.
12. Having increased our level of Iman (faith/belief) and Taqwa , as a result of applying these steps, we carried this message to humanity
(dawah) and began practicing these principles in all our affairs.